I am in an inspiration rut! Picture this: you just came back from the most amazing trip of your life. It was fabulous! It was adventurous! It was inspirational! Then, you get back to real life. It’s kind of like everything is a let-down. Everything is so… mundane. Severely average. Intensely normal.
This is how I feel after reading a good book (or books). Why is real life not as sublime?
Here is my attempt to remind myself of things that inspire me and make me happy, in addition to venting about the things that bug me.
Songs I listen to when I need a pick-me-up
- Three Little Birds - Bob Marley
- Knee Deep - Zac Brown Band
- Only the Good Die Young - Billy Joel
Last 3 Books I’ve Read
- The Help - Kathryn Stockett
- Talent and the Secret Life of Teams - Terry Pettit
- The first 150 pages of War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy
Things I’m thankful for
- The sunshine
- 3 decent substitute teaching experiences in a row
- the ability to exercise
Foods & Drinks that make me happy
- Margaritas with chips and salsa
- Fudgesicles that are only 40 calories- the perfect snack!
- Strawberry Banana smoothies that I have for lunch almost every day
Things I’m Looking Forward To
- the end of this school year (sorry students…it’s just…summer)
- Easter weekend with some of my sisters
- Vegas, Costa Rica, the Krause family vacation, and visiting home
Recent Pet Peaves
- all the songs on the radio recently about outer space and aliens (maybe it’s just me…I feel like there has been a bumper crop of songs with this theme.)
- box elder bugs…in my 23 years of existence, I have never seen one of these creepy crawlers until this past October…and they survived this cruel Minnesota winter only to invade every nook and cranny of my home!
- Shape-Ups and those 40-some-year-old ladies that the gym who wear them and gab with their friends instead of working out while sprawling across the machines or weights I need to complete my actual work out.
That about covers my recent thoughts, opinions, and musings. I need help getting re-inspired to get through these last 2 months of school. So, please tell me what you do to get inspired. What songs, books, or activities get you motivated?